Superbowl Spinach Dip in a Sourdough Bowl
The most watched television event of the year occurs in one week, Superbowl Sunday! We felt inspired to share a recipe you can make for the day or just when you’re wanting an ooey, gooey dish to enjoy. You can make it in a dish for dipping in, but to take it up a notch, swap out the dish for a whole loaf of bread with a good crust (we recommend using a sourdough from Christies Bakery). Cut off the top and hollow it out to use as a bread bowl. It only takes a handful of ingredients and a little bit of work to make!
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ for mixing
- ¼ for topping
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 brick (226g) cream cheese
- 250g sour cream
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to season
- Whole boule bread, unsliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and transfer to an oven safe dish or hollowed out loaf of bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Near end, add remaining mozzarella cheese and broil on high until melts
- Remove from oven and enjoy!