Slide Into Your End-of-Summer BBQ With This Easy Crowd-Pleaser
The dog days of Summer are coming to an end and it’s time to close out the season like a champion…
It’s August and we’ve only got a handful of days left to soak up the sun and enjoy time off with our friends and family. Before we know it, it’ll be time to go back to school and back to reality. It’s the perfect excuse to indulge in something more than just the standard BBQ staples like burgers and hotdogs; we’ve all had enough of those by now. The end of Summer deserves something special that will wow the guests at your next cookout or picnic.
What gets people more excited than a delicious-looking sandwich? How about TWELVE delicious-looking sandwiches? Technically they’re sliders, but that's what makes this recipe fun and easy. With the same effort it takes to make one sandwich, you can whip up twelve little flavour bombs that guests can dive into. Our tender, buttery Farmhouse Buns are the star of this show and by leaving them connected it’s essentially making one giant sandwich. There’s something satisfying about getting to tear off your own slider from this uber sandwich.
For this recipe, we want to keep the flavours satisfying and Summery so we’re going with tender pulled chicken and tangy, sweet BBQ sauce as the main ingredients. Greens add some freshness and pickles help cut through the richness. Plus, melty cheese brings everything together and provides that extra indulgence to make it feel like a special treat.
PULL-APART BBQ CHICKEN SLIDERS
- Christies' Farmhouse Buns (pack of 12)
- A couple of fistfuls of baby spinach.
- 1 roasted chicken (there’s no shame in buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store - why use the oven if you don’t have to?!)
- Your favourite BBQ sauce (we like Uncle Charlie’s Kansas City BBQ Sauce, made right here in Saskatoon!)
- Sliced Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sliced dill pickles or any pickle you prefer - pickled red onions are a great option.
- Some mayonnaise.
- Pull your chicken, discarding bones and skin and placing the meat in a bowl. It can be chunky but if the breasts don't break apart easily go ahead and give them a rough chop.
- Slice your Farmhouse Buns all at once trying not to break them apart. Place the bottom on a half-sheet pan or casserole dish lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
- On the bottom, spread a generous layer of BBQ sauce evenly with a spoon.
- Spread your pulled chicken evenly on the bun bottoms.
- Sprinkle pickle slices over the chicken ensuring each section has a couple of slices.
- Place a layer of spinach over the pickles.
- Lay your sliced cheese over the spinach so the entire surface is covered.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the underside of the bun tops and place it on top of the assembled sliders.
- To serve, pop the sheet pan or casserole dish in a preheated BBQ for 10 minutes to warm everything up and get the cheese nice and melty.
- Serve in the tray and let everyone dig in!
This sandwich boasts a head-turning presentation and it’s always a huge hit with kids and grown-ups alike. The best part is that you can make any sandwich in this style and serve it hot or cold for any occasion. Want to make a tray of cheeseburger sliders? Falafel sliders? What about making sliders out of your Thanksgiving turkey dinner leftovers? Grab some Christie’s Farmhouse Buns and the possibilities are limitless!
E &L Thera —
love those farmhouse buns!!!!
Sound’s delicious, thanks for the idea’s. Going to try. I am a huge fan of your farmhouse buns.
Great idea! Will try this!