Valentines Chocolate Covered Strawberries
With it being Valentines and all, we thought it would be fitting to provide you with a chocolate covered strawberry recipe! The history behind this very famous treat comes from a woman named Lorraine Lorusso. She combined chocolate and strawberries in the 1960’s at her gourmet store in Chicago and is now a popular treat, especially during Valentines day.
Below is a recipe we found from the blog Tastes Better From Scratch but there are so many ways you can add to this recipe and make it your own! One way you could make it more unique is by drizzling some cinnamon honey from BE Honey to top your strawberries off! You could also add some shredded coconut, chocolate chips, white chocolate drizzle...you name it! If you are a little late to the game for your gift for your loved one, you could also create a lovely valentines box and include these delicious strawberries!
- 10 ounce package of bittersweet, semi sweet, or milk chocolate chips
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries with stems attached
- Start by washing the strawberries and then drying them VERY well. It's so important to dry the strawberries well because, as you may know, chocolate and water do not work well together! If the strawberries are the least bit wet the chocolate will not stick!
- Next pour the milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into their own microwaveable bowls.
- Pour the nuts and coconut onto their own small plates. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Microwave the milk chocolate for 30 seconds intervals, removing and stirring at each 30 second interval, until the chocolate has melted. Repeat with the white chocolate chips until they are melted. Stir often, making sure not to burn the chocolate!
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip into the milk chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. At this point you may dip the strawberry in coconut or nuts (or leave it plain) and then place the strawberry on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- For a white chocolate drizzled strawberry, dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
- Chill the strawberries until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes.
(Adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/gourmet-chocolate-covered-strawberries/)